Sunday, May 25, 2008

New Tricks




It is so fun to watch Dylan grow and to get so much joy out of the tiny little things he learns each day. He hit a couple of big milestones over the past few weeks. First of all. . . .he is crawling!! He doesn't seem to venture off too far yet. He gets part way across the room and then sits back up to think about whether he wants the toy bad enough to crawl the rest of the way. He usually gets distracted by something else and stays where he is, unless it is a ball. He is definitely a true boy and loves any little ball lately that he can pick up and throw. He throws it, crawls over to pick it up and throws it again. He will repeat this little game FOREVER smiling and laughing the entire time.

The other thing he has learned over the past few weeks is how to clap! I know it seems like such a small, insignificant thing but I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to see him do it. He is just sooooo cute when he sits there and claps his little hands. He always has such a huge smile on his face while he does it too. That is definitely one of the things he can do that cheers me up instantly no matter what kind of mood I am in. I am learning that it is all the small things that your kids do that melt your heart and make motherhood so much fun. I love it!!

1 comments:

Chris and Janell Sorensen said...

mmm...I love this! I hate how everyone lives so far apart. And don't worry Katherine, with our family's track record on having hair as babies, Dylan's hair should be back by the time he is ready to start kindergarten, maybe even a year or so before that:)