
Dylan had his first birthday last week, and I am blown away at how fast the last year has gone. We have been so blessed to have such a sweet little boy come to our family and I LOVE being a mom. I always say that if all my babies were as cute and as good as he is, I would have 10 of them! He makes me laugh each day and is getting more and more personality all the time. He has learned to say a couple of words - 'uh-oh', 'ma ma', 'pa pa', 'bye bye' and 'ball'. He is obsessed with balls and actually throws pretty good. The problem is, now he thinks he should throw everything so you have to watch out (we are working on that one). He loves to eat, and his favorite foods right now are strawberries, bananas, peas, lucky charms and of course anything else sweet. He is close to walking but not quite there yet. He will stand by himself but hasn't gotten brave enough to take any steps alone. He loves to go outside for walks, he could spend all day with you pushing him around in his stroller and be happy. We have had so much fun watching him grow and can't wait to see what the next year will be like!

So for Dylan's birthday I made him a chocolate cake decorated like a baseball. We got the video camera out and were so excited to watch him dive into the cake and make a mess. We were totally disappointed. He put his fingers in the frosting a little and then couldn't stand it on his fingers so he would try and shake it off. After that, he didn't want to touch it again. If I fed him a bite, he would eat it. But didn't want to have anything to do with it on him. We tried to force his hands and face into the cake to help get him started, hoping he would change his mind. But that just made him mad. So it wasn't exactly what we were hoping for, but at least there wasn't much mess to clean up! Maybe next year it will be a little more exciting for him.
Monday, September 01, 2008
Dylan's 1st Birthday
Posted by
The LB
at
8:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Happy Birthday Dylan!! One is a great age! He sounds like a fun, sweet little guy!
Oh and that is a CUTE cake! I may copy it for my little ball obsessed boy;) Looks like something I could manage, but still really cute!
I think he looks like Paul. Glad he had a good birthday.
Happy Birthday Dylan AND Katherine!!! It looks like a fun day. I can't believe a year has already past. He is sooo cute, sorry Paul but he may look like you but he's cuter. ;) LOL
We need an update on your b-day too Kath! Sorry we haven't called yet, we'll have to this weekend!
Big Hug,
Sarah and gang
That cake turned out SOOOO cute! I'm so proud of you, my little martha stewart!
What a cute little dude! I love the reaction to the cake. Happy B-day Dylan!!
Happy Birthday to your sweet Dylan, Katherine! Happy belated to you, too! :) Good job decorating that cake. It is so cute!
Happy Birthday Dylan! You sure are a handsome little boy!!
Post a Comment