Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Friends at Last



I just started giving little toys to Dylan to splash around with in the bath a few weeks ago. He has finally gotten interested in playing with something other than his own toes. We have this little rubber ducky wearing a fireman uniform that I gave him, and it was hilarious to watch what he did with it. He didn't make any effort to grab it like he does other things, but would just sit and stare at it for a while without moving a muscle. Then his lower lip would start to quiver and tears were quick to follow. I'm not sure what it was about this duck that he didn't like, but I have never seen such a sad, scared little face. I am a mean mom because even though I knew that he hated this duck I kept putting it in front of him each night because I wanted to see his reaction. I even had to call Paul in from the other room to show him. It was so funny to watch! This went on for several days in a row. Then finally the other night I guess Dylan decided that the duck wasn't so bad after all and finally started to play with it. Whatever it was that was bothering him, he got over it. But not before Paul and I had a few laughs.

4 comments:

Mrs. Wright said...

Ohhhh...I can just picture his little lip quiver. Isn't it interesting how he finally gave in and decided the toy wasn't so bad after all. Little babies are so cute! You and Paul are very lucky to have such a special spirit in your lives to keep you laughing and enjoy the finer things of life!

Donette said...

That is so funny - it's so weird with the things they are scared of. Right now Brady is deathly afraid of big trucks - like the garbage truck. If he even hears it he runs into the house screaming.
Good that Dylan got over that - but it is funny to tease them a little to get their reaction. He's so cute!

Teri said...

That's the cutest story! That's funny he was scared of duck, I'm glad they are friends now! Weston get scared when he hears the door bell ring. Babies are so cute when they quiver their lips, Blake does it sometimes. I can't believe is is two months old now. They dont stay newborn for very long!

Whitney said...

That's pretty funnY! I love that you just kept giving it to him! haha