Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thanks Southwest Airlines!

We came back from Christmas and went through withdrawals from not being with family. Dylan didn't know what to do with himself all day with only me to play with. I always like to get home from a long trip & get back into my 'every day' routine and schedule. But it is always hard those first few days home. I miss the house full of people, and the noise and chaos that comes when we all stay under one roof. Luckily we only had a couple of weeks before we had visitors at our house. . .thanks to Southwest Airlines. A month or so before, Southwest ran a smokin' deal on airfare between here and Salt Lake. I texted all my family members in Utah and told them about it, letting them all know they would be welcome to come see us anytime. It was successful! We were lucky enough to convince Ashlee & Jeff to come visit one weekend, and Grandma & Grandpa to come the next.
It was Ashlee & Jeff's first time to our house. We took them to a Nuggets game-my first one, even though I have lived here for 8 years-sad I know. Our seats were terrible. We were up about as high as you can get in the Pepsi Center. I think there were only 3 rows higher than ours. But the entertainment up at that level can't be beat. Who needs an exciting basketball game when you have crazy drunk fans around you? I really coudn't even tell you who won the game, I was so distracted by all the people around us.

They also got to experience taking Dylan to Chuck E Cheese. We all had a good time, and of course the D-man was in H-E-A-V-E-N.




The day they flew home, we got up super early and went out for some YuMmY breakfast at the Original Pancake House, then went straight to the airport from there. When we got to the airport, Jeff asked Dylan if he wanted to go get on the airplane with them. Of course he said yes. So they carried him into the airport, he was so HaPpY to go with them. When they got inside they said just kidding, and came back out to the car again. He immediately started crying because he wanted to go with them! Needless to say it was a rough drive home, he was so sad to see them go. Can't wait until the next visit guys!!
The following weekend, Grandma and Grandpa came to visit. They were nice enough to come spend a few days, and then took Dylan back to Utah with them on the airplane so Paul and I could go to Hawaii! I think Dylan wore them out by constantly asking them to read books, do puzzles, & play games with him. He was Grandma's BFF all weekend, he didn't want to leave her side!! I'm glad he latched onto them so easily and quickly. It made it much easier to watch him disappear (or misappear as Dylan would say) into the airport with them, knowing I wouldn't see him for 2 weeks.



I am slowly but surely getting caught up with our lives here. Hopefully it won't be August before I get any Hawaii pictures posted!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Man, I wish I knew about that smokin' deal from Southwest! Sounds like you had fun with the family though. Dylan is so big! I love his cute big boy hair..what a doll.

Donette said...

Fun pics! You guys did some fun things - people don't want to come to my house cuz we don't do as fun of stuff! Dylan is a babe in the last pic.