Friday, August 20, 2010

Preschool

I haven't posted forever, and I hope that one of these days I will make time to catch up with this thing. That day isn't today, but I wanted to post a few pictures of Dylan's first day of prechool. We have been talking about it all summer trying to get him excited, and hoping he wouldn't cry when I left him.
Well, it worked. He has been SuPeR ExCItEd for the past few weeks and we have had a successful week and a half in school so far. He loves to wear his Woody & Buzz backpack, and gets so excited to pack his snack everyday.
I can't believe my little boy is even old enough for preschool! I kinda hate him being away. It just reminds me of how much time I DoN't have left with him before he is in school all day. But this kid NeEdeD something so bad to help liven up his routine. We get together with friends several times a week to play, but it just didn't seem like enough for him. Poor guy has no one at home to play with but mom, and I guess that is just too boring. He is so social and is loving being a 'big kid' and going to school! And he looks so stinkin' cute with his backpack on! I love it.

He asks me to comb his hair in a mohawk every day. . .so cool.




They line up inside the doors waiting to come out to go home. He gets so excited when he sees me!

8 comments:

Chris and Janell Sorensen said...

so stinking cute and exciting! He is probably the heart breaker of his preschool.

Cram Family said...

He is so cute!! I cant believe how old he is getting either!! I seems like just yesterday when we saw his birth announcement!! I hope you guys are doing good. It was good to see you guys last month even though we did not like the circumstances for it!! Take care!

Teri said...

Dylan is so cute, cant believe he's old enough to be in preschool. It's cute how proud little kids are of their backpacks.

Donette said...

Oh how fun = you know this is going to make you age now don't you - old enough to have a kid in school! Crazy! He is such a stud I'm sure he is wowing his teachers already too with his vocabulary! Nice hat by the way! It looks good on you - Janell told me she didn't like it on her. Hope you and Dylan had fun birthdays!I have been busy and haven't even got cards out. I'm lame I know.

Stinsonian said...

Happy late birthday and your little guy is SO cute!!! I wish he would've come to lunch with us that day! I want to see the little guy. Isn't it fun when they're old enough to go to Preschool. I LOVE taking Anna and acting like it's such a big deal. She really plays it up. How fuN!

Sarah Lunt said...

How cute is he?! I love his hair! Roman saw the pictures and said, "I have that backpack." Sure enough he just got the same one for preschool too. Funny, huh?! I bet his teachers are loving him...his vocabulary cracks me up.

Melissa said...

You're back! I have checked every day since your last post... Okay, I'm lying, but I am glad to see you've posted again. I couldn't believe it when I read the word PRESCHOOL. Holy cow, where has the time gone?

Cam and Chelle said...

Awe! He is so so cute! Glad you are back to posting! keep it up!