Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dylan is 2!!

I cannot believe that my little baby is not a baby anymore - he just turned 2! Can that be true? Where did the time go? He has grown up so fast, it seems like yesterday I was pregnant. He is such a sweet little boy, and brings so much happiness into our lives. Dylan is obsessed with balls (he especially loves bouncy balls) he loves playing with cars, riding his new tricycle, playing at the park, and doing puzzles. He has recently discovered movies (he calls them moo's) and his favorites right now are Cars, Toy Story, Little Mermaid, and Nacho Libre. Yes - Nacho Libre. :) He asks to watch them daily. His favorite foods are hot dogs, fruit snacks, corn on the cob, and of course anything sweet. He loves to drink 'juice' (aka Dr. Pepper or Diet Coke) - good thing we have connections in the dental world.
I love that when he wakes up in the morning he stands in the corner of his crib and yells 'Mom - ma' over and over at the ToP of his lungs until I come get him. I love that he LoVEs to give me hugs and kisses all the time. I love that he likes to dance, sing, act goofy, and laugh with me. I love that he wants me to smell his feet and say 'eww yuck - stinky' - this totally cracks him up. I love that all of the sudden he has started calling his dad Paul instead of daddy, and he calls me
'Fafrine'. I love that he is such a helper - he loves to help me do the laundry & dishes, and he is really good at picking up all his toys. I love his laughter, his little voice, and all the words he is learning to say, even though we have to have the 'mommy translation' for a lot of it. I love this little boy more than anything and am so happy to be his mom. These past 2 years have flown by so I am trying to savor every moment of every day that I have with him!

We had a little birthday party for him at the pool with his friends. We had lunch and I made him an Elmo cake. He had so much fun! Now anytime anyone asks him if he is 2 the first thing he says is 'pool' because he remembers going swimming for his birthday. And then he proceeds to tell about his Elmo cake and how he blew out the candles. It was such a fun day!














5 comments:

HBC said...

Happy Birthday Dylan! And Happy Birthday to you too! Dylan is such a handsome little guy!

Whitney said...

Yeah for updates!! All your pics are so cute! Dylan is the best! I love that he and luke are such good little buddies!

Jill said...

He is so cute! It really has flown by! Bryn will be 2 November 5th! Happy Birthday to Dylan :)

Stinsonian said...

How cute! Love the pictures and love the update. He reminds me so much of my little guy...especially his favorite foods. Those 2 could have a fun campout together with hot dogs & fruit snack (& pop). :) Miss you!!!

Donette said...

Looks like fun! Dylan is such a character! Elmo looks awesome, I need to be more ambitious like you!