Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween

This is my 7th Halloween here in Colorado, and for the first time EVER it wasn't 20 degrees and snowing outside when the kids all go out trick-or-treating. We had weather in the 70's all that week and I was able to sit out on my porch on Halloween night to hand out candy! It was awesome.

I bought Dylan a cute little bear costume for him to wear this year. After several attempts at putting it on and MANY, MANY tears, I decided it wasn't worth the drama. The costume had a head part to it and when I put it on him you would have thought that someone had just hurt him very badly the way he cried. He has never loved things on his head, he wouldn't keep a hat on this summer for anything. So I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. We decided to give it one last try on the morning of our trunk-or-treat. Paul came in the room carrying the costume, and before he even got near Dylan, he started screaming and running the other way. So instead he wore some Halloween pajamas to the party. Totally lame I know, but it just wasn't worth all the screaming.



So we didn't go trick-or-treating but Dylan got his fair share of candy. He liked searching through my candy bowl and would pick out the little boxes of Nerds. He would get one for each hand and bring them to me to open. When I wouldn't open them, he would start biting/sucking on them. I ended up with 7-8 boxes of Nerds that I couldn't hand out because my little mouse had chewed through the box. I would get busy handing out candy, and before I knew it he was working on 2 more boxes. He was LOVING all the sugar!!!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

He is so dang cute, and has gotten so big. Happy Halloween. The pictures were awesome
The Browns

melinda said...

How cute! Yeah, I agree it isn't worth the drama. MY kids did the same thing at that age. There will be plenty of years he'll get a kick out of dressing up, so for now, the PJ's were a great idea:)

Donette said...

He's no dummy! He knows the good stuff when he sees it! I love the picture with the sucker - this year Brady didn't really care to get any more candy once he got a sucker. The jammies were cute! Soon he'll want the costume - but he'll want to wear it all the time to dress up in, which kind of gets annoying - so oh well soon enough right!

Sarah Lunt said...

Don't you love how a 1 year old can totally tell you how it is! That cracked me up that he wouldn't wear the costume! So are you gonna blog the 80s pics???? We're waitttinnnngg...