Saturday, October 25, 2008

Zoo Animals


I know it has been FOREVER since I have posted anything on here. I really have no excuse except laziness I guess. I did finally change our background and have been trying to upload a cute video of Dylan for like 3 days but for some reason it won't work. So I will just have to post about something else I guess until I can get that to work.

Last Saturday we took our first trip to the zoo. I have waited all summer to go, but never have because I just didn't think Dylan was quite old enough to enjoy it yet. I didn't want to pay to go when he would have been just as happy playing at the park seeing the neighborhood dogs rather than the exotic animals in the zoo. Anyways, last weekend was one of the last 'free days' of the year and the temperature happened to be in the 80's that day. (You can't beat that in the middle of October!) So we decided to venture out , check out the animals, and see how Dylan liked it. Can I just say BAD IDEA!!!! It seemed like a fun Saturday activity, and I figured it would probably be a little more crowded than usual because it was a free day, but I had NO CLUE it would be as crazy as it was. We drove around for 30 minutes just trying to find a place to park. Paul finally dropped me and Dylan off while he found a spot. When we got inside it was just as insane, so we didn't stay long. Dylan did get excited when we saw the animals, but as we pushed him around in the stroller he was just as interested in people watching as he was the animals. I think when it warms up in the spring, Dylan will be at the perfect age to do more outings like this. So now I know never to go to the zoo on a Saturday free day when we are lucky enough to have an 80 degrees day in October. . .bad combination. Rookie mistake I guess! :)

2 comments:

Donette said...

That stinks about the zoo day = that is usually why we never go too. My boys are just barely even liking it. It just ends up being a long day of me pushing them around and then all they want to do is play at the playground part. I'm pretty sure I like it more than they do.

Melissa said...

I despise free days. Dylan is such a cutie. It's good to see you posting again. :)