
I have decided to steal my sister-in-law Sarah's idea and try to update our blog every Sunday night. This is a good day to sit down and recap everything that has happened during the week. I have no idea what I will write about each Sunday, as life at our house doesn't seem to change a whole lot. My days are full of feedings, diaper changes, naps (or the lack there of), and lots of smiles, laughs, and fun play time with Dylan. Hopefully this will force me to get out and do something fun each week so that I will have something to tell you about!
This week Paul and I were talking about the fact that it has been 4 1/2 months since we have had a nice full night's rest. Dylan was finally starting to sleep a little better around 3 months only to digress and actually get worse over the last few weeks. We had one of the worst nights ever last Sunday. I think we maybe got about 3 hours of sleep in between the all night crying. But I am proud to report that in only a weeks time since that horrible night, he has been sleeping 10-11 hours almost every night since! He goes down at night without crying at all anymore and sleeps like an angel all the way until morning. So for the first time in 4 1/2 months we have actually gone to bed and not woken up until morning. This probably seems like a dumb thing for me to be writing about, but this has been quite a milestone at our house. Anyone who has kids can relate I am sure. So hopefully this is the beginning of many more restful nights for us.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Sleeping Woes
Posted by
The LB
at
9:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm so happy that you will be updating your blog each week. Good News! It's so fun to read and see through pictures what you're up to as your so far away! I'm going to hold you to it girl! =-) Happy Sleeping!
Boy does that sound familiar! I am already NOT looking forward to a newborn in a few months for that very reason... sleepless nights. I don't think there is anything harder to adjust to than losing your sleep for someone you love SO much! Kudos to Dylan for sleeping longer... I hope it continues!
Woohoo! I'm so happy to hear that he's sleeping. I bet you feel like a new mommy. I'm also excited to read your blog each week, reading blogs is one of my favorite pasttimes..and the girls love to see his pictures too.
I don't think its a dumb thing to write about...I still remember the first time Gage slept through the night...I woke up and cried because I had actually slept for 8 hours straight!!! It was awesome!!
Hey Katherine,
I'm jealous that Dylan is sleeping good! Blake is 5 weeks old now, and I am missing my sleep!! I feel like I'm tired all the time!! Having 3 kids is hard, but it's a lot of fun too!
Post a Comment